Guilt free Deep-dish pizza? Yes please
Things You need:
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 c. chopped pepperoni
- 2 c. marinara
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
Cook time: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place spaghetti squash on a plate and microwave 5 minutes. Halve each lengthwise and remove any seeds (be careful of hot steam!). Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, cut-side down, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, crisp pepperoni, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- Loosen spaghetti strands using a fork. Add 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup crispy pepperoni to each baked squash half. Mix filling with a fork and top with 1/4 cup more mozzarella and parsley. Return to baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese is melted and golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately
Let me know if you guys try this!