It’s still not officially Fall yet but it is in my head so I’ve started making fall themed food and chose to ignore reality. I decided to make a fall-themed recipe series because ’tis the season to stay warm, cozy, and stuff your face in deliciousness.
The first recipe in this series is for apple pie. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and had it saved for a while now and I finally decided to give it a try and it’s absolutely amazing!
Things you’ll need
- Apples- About 5
- White sugar- 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon- 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter- 6 tablespoons
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Water- 1/4 cup
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time- 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out half the pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate; pour in apple slices.
- Roll out top crust into a 10-inch circle. Cut into 8 (1-inch) wide strips with a sharp paring knife or pastry wheel. Weave the pastry strips, one at a time, into a lattice pattern. Fold the ends of the lattice strips under the edge of the bottom crust and crimp to seal.
- Pour butter-sugar mixture over top of pie, coating the lattice, and allowing any remaining sauce to drizzle through the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the crust is golden brown, the caramel on the top crust is set, and the apple filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
If you’re a visual person, you can watch the video. Hope you like this one! Let me know you’re getting ready for Fall too 🙂